Sunday 5 January 2014

Peacock feather

Hai folks!

Yesterday I painted on a peacock feather design onto my nails. It's the second attempt I've had at doing peacock feathers. It still doesn't look how I want it, but it's better than my first attempt so there is at least some improvement going on! I think my paint brushes are all too thick so I'm not getting the thin detail lines I want, something to look into I guess.

Anyway, this is the final result:

It has the basic shape and colour of a peacock feather, but as I said, just doesn't look quite right. I shall attempt it again at some point in the future. 

Here are the colours I used to create this:
Base coat; Nails inc 'Kensington Park Road'; Golddigga 'Shimmer Gold';
Nails Inc 'Chelsea Physic Garden'; Essie 'Aruba Blue'; Barry M 'Black';
Barry M 'Silver Foil'; Nails Inc 'Haymarket'
I started, as ever, with a base coat, I then did 2 coats of 'Kensington Park Road'. Using a large dotting tool I created a long gold section with 'Shimmer Gold', once that was dry I used a medium sized dotting tool to add a circular dot in 'Chelsea Physic Garden' followed by a smaller dot of 'Aruba Blue'. Using a thin nail art brush I painted on small flicking lines in the Chelsea and Aruba blue colours, as well as the 'Silver foil', 'Haymarket' and used the black for detailing strokes. I finished it all off with a coat of fast drying top coat.

Overall I think it looks quite cluttered and messy, but perhaps I'm my own worst critic :D

Not too sure when I will be back on as my daughter goes back to school this week, I have appointments to go to, and at some point I need to transfer all of my files over from my PC to my laptop. I should post something new during the week though.

So, until next time,

S x

(P.S. Yey! Another new Sherlock ep is on tonight :D :D)

No comments:

Post a Comment