Wednesday 8 January 2014

31 Day Challenge - Day 1: Red

Happy hump day folks!

A couple of days ago I was doing my usual float around on other nail blogs checking out the recent posts, I'm quite curious (nosy...) you see, and I like the inspiration and tips that other nail bloggers give out. Anyway, a few people are doing the January nail art challenge that Californails have posted on their Instagram page. I thought about joining in but I'm already late starting that one so figure I'll just join the next one. Anyway, I got thinking about doing another challenge I've seen posted in the past, the 31 day challenge. I'm not too sure how long I'll stick with it as I tend to get distracted easily and I'm quite likely to post other things between themes, but we shall see how I do!

So, anyway... today is my first post for the challenge! The theme for day 1 is 'Red'. Here is what I did:



This is 2 coats of Barry M Raspberry nail paint as the base colour, it's a wonderful deep red colour and I've fallen very much in love with it. I used striping tape to set out a triangular shape on each nail and filled that with the Barry M gold foil effect polish. I added little red gems to each gold section (3 in a line for the middle finger) and topped it off with a coat of Sally Hansen Insta-dry top coat.

I had absolutely no clue what I was planning on doing for this, other than I wanted to use the Raspberry nail paint as a base as it is a recent buy and I hadn't tried it out yet. I just set out all of my stuff and it became a complete make-it-up-as-I-go-along kind of thing. I do quite like the overall effect, it reminds me a bit of Iron Man, perhaps I'll play around with these 2 colours again to create a specific Iron Man set sometime?

Right then, enough waffling from me!

Until next time,

S x

No comments:

Post a Comment