Thursday 16 January 2014

WIWT (or... what I wore today :D)

Howdy folks!

Sorry for the silence since my last post, I was hit with a nasty dose of tonsillitis and felt seriously yucky :( 
I'm back now though :D

Today I played around with Konad stamping, I quite enjoyed myself. It is relatively easy, though I need more practice to get my whole nail covered :S I'm glad I bought them to try out and can see myself using some of the designs a fair bit in future. 
I went with a base colour of Nails Inc 'Kensington Park Road' which is a lovely bright, vibrant blue. I used 3 coats of this as it is quite a translucent polish. I used Barry M metallic silver for the stamping colour and stamped the large and small flowery designs from Konad plate m60, here is the final result: 



At first I wasn't sure if was the right kind of polish to use with stamping but it seemed to do alright. The silver is very shiny and reflective so it was hard to take a picture that showed it properly in any kind of light. I think I'll try different colour combos next time, and try to stamp the whole design on my nail too xD

Eagle eyed people may also notice that I've reshaped my nails. I've never had the balls to attempt to reshape them past their natural style (sort of a rounded-edge-square) but I've started attempting to get them into a sort of almond style. I lost some of my length whilst filing them so they aren't the best almond shape in the world, but it should look decent if I keep helping to shape them properly while they grow. I'm reasonably surprised that my nails still feel incredibly strong!

I'm hoping that the Lilypad Lacquer polishes I ordered a few weeks back will arrive by the end of next week as they were mailed out on Monday. Is it weird to be super excited about some nail polish?! =/

Anyway, enough rambling!

Toodles 'til next time!

S x

No comments:

Post a Comment