Wednesday 29 January 2014

Wonder Woman nails

Howdy!

I always wanna shove a 'partner' on the end whenever I say howdy :/

But I digress, today I have done myself some Wonder Woman nail art!




I used 3 nail paints; 'Femme Fatale' from the L'Oreal Colour Riche collection, 'Baker Street' by Nails Inc, and 'Gold Metallic Foil Effects' by Barry M. I also used a small amount of black acrylic paint.





I started by applying a full nail of red on my pinkies, a full nail of blue on rings, a half red/half blue on middles, a half red/half blue diagonally on indexes, and a full nail of gold on thumbs. Using the same gold, I applied a small shape in the style of WW's little tiara thing on pinky, the WW logo on middle, and a straight diagonal down the middle on index. I created the little detail lines with black acrylic using an extremely fine paint brush.

I added stars to the full blue nails, and to the half diagonal ones too. These stars are a little bit too bulky, but for some reason they are the only stars I seem to have at the moment. So... I am now on the look out for some cute little glitter type stars!
I gave all a good glug of top coat (Sally Hansen Insta-Dry, as is my usual).

I didn't really know what to put on top of the plain gold nails so I just left em that way.


However, I don't like that the Barry M Metallic Foil Gold polish dries to reveal such obvious brush marks. Generally BM products dry quite nicely, but for some reason this one just doesn't =/

Other than that little issue with the gold, I'm rather pleased with how this mani turned out :)

That's all from me for now, I'll likely be back on Friday some time as between now and then I have to come up with a nice mani to go with an outfit I'm wearing on Saturday night ;)

Byes for now!
Stef x

No comments:

Post a Comment