Saturday 11 January 2014

Experimentation and shades of pink

Howdy folks!

Yesterday, at the end of my failed 'messy mani' post, I mentioned that I was considering trying out using acrylic paints for nail art as it was meant to be easier to handle. As I am an artist and therefore have a ton of acrylic paints in a box, I thought I would give that a try today. I went with a pretty simple design which can be seen below:



This 2 coats of Barry M Fuschia on my mains, and 2 coats of Barry M White on my accent nails.
I used the same white and a large dotting tool to create the dots on my index and pinky fingers, and added a pale pink and a silver gem to the upper centre of my middle finger.






I used a mixture of sap green, titanium white, lamp black and crimson red to freehand the roses with a very fine paint brush, and topped each nail with a liberal layer of topcoat.






I'm super proud by how well the roses came out, and I was quite happy to find that the acrylics were loads easier to use in comparison to nail polish. I will quite likely use acrylics a lot from now on!

That's all from me for now, catch ya again soon!

S x

No comments:

Post a Comment